Adding a subdomain for files...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sharnon007

sharnon007

• Active members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Tech, EduTech- Flash; Learning how the brain learns. Gaming in education! Brings out the 'competitiveness we all NATURALLY have'!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:30 PM

Hi!I have moodle on my main site. (TreasuresReadingTeachers.us)  What I'd like to do is add a subdomain for files that I can use in different courses, instead of reuploading the files in each course. Also, moodle times out when I try to upload larger files. Of course, I'm talking about hot potato files & other games.... ones that use javascript or just html and of course, Content Generator games ;0)   as well as others that I can embed.

What I'd like to know is what kind of cms can I use that will make it easy to upload files & make pages for them. I have no experience uploading games in a zip file, unpacking & linking to them on anything EXCEPT moodle. (That's why I choose moodle, because it makes things like that sooo EASY!)

Thank any & all of you for any help you give!
~~~ Sharnon ~~~

#2 goneunderground

goneunderground

Advanced Member

• Active members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Moodle, Hot Potatoes, MFL, geography, HotPotatoes and...did I say Moodle?

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:45 PM

Sharnon - are you still on 1.9? If your site is open access or you don't mind if people accidentally chanced upon your games then you can use the site files which you can access from the front page of your Moodle. Anything you upload there (site admin>front page>site files) you can use in any course. Just get its URL and paste it where you need it in a course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users