- - - - -

Somehow I've REALLY messed up this course...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sharnon007

sharnon007

• Active members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Tech, EduTech- Flash; Learning how the brain learns. Gaming in education! Brings out the 'competitiveness we all NATURALLY have'!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:44 PM

I was making a label & adding a table.
After saving it, it incorporated everything on the right side of my page, as well as everything that was below it.
Initially, it was topic 5. I was able to move it down to topic 22- however- all my right hand column is on it.

Can you take a look & help me figure out how to fix this?
I don't even have the option to edit  the 'table'.
http://www.treasures.../view.php?id=76

#2 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:30 PM

This sort of thing happens when there is some extra or unfinished html code.  I suspect this has happened because you've added the code for a table but then not 'closed' the html code properly.   We need to get into your course to help.  Can you edit the html directly any more?  That's what we really need do.

#3 sharnon007

sharnon007

• Active members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Tech, EduTech- Flash; Learning how the brain learns. Gaming in education! Brings out the 'competitiveness we all NATURALLY have'!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:20 PM

View PostAndrew Field, on 06 April 2011 - 12:30 PM, said:

This sort of thing happens when there is some extra or unfinished html code.  I suspect this has happened because you've added the code for a table but then not 'closed' the html code properly.   We need to get into your course to help.  Can you edit the html directly any more?  That's what we really need do.

The thing is, I don't have the option to go in & modify the label.
Since I moved it all the way down to the bottom
I tried to see what happens if I 'close the eye'- everything was normal- even the side-bar, so I was thinking I could move all the content (except the affected one) & simply make a new one- after deleting #22

By the way, I was trying out a code from Word for a different table- so I clicked the Word icon. I didn't like it as well, so I made a regular table- I'm sure that's how I messed it up.

#4 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:55 PM

Yes - that is exactly what has happened.  We need to work out a way of editing the html in your course.  I seem to remember reading something about how you can hide topics and then edit them in some other way.

I found this very old topic on the Moodle.org forum:
http://moodle.org/mo...uss.php?d=90459

Within your course, can you see the topic above the one where things have gone wrong?  If so, hover over the link to 'edit'.  Right-click and choose 'copy link' (or something similar, depending on your browser.  Next, paste the link into your browser,  but change the number at the end, increasing it by one.  This should allow you to edit the offending topic.

Alternatively, message me some editing details and I'll take a look myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users