#1 Rob Cha

Rob Cha

Advanced Member

• Active members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 09:22 PM

A few blog questions!

Can anyone tell me whether there is any benefit using Edublogs over Wordpress - I know that Edublogs is powered by wordpress. I have a number of wordpress blogs - but having just read a post about edublogs decided to set one up - looks just like my wordpress blogs but with edublog in the URL - are there any particular benefits people know of using Edublogs - rather than setting a wordpress account up?

Also - can anyone suggest any good examples of blogs used by teachers to support their students in either ICT or English - I have a few but could do with some more good examples for some training I am running! Any ideas much appreciated.

Rob :)

#2 Rob Cha

Rob Cha

Advanced Member

• Active members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 05:33 PM

Have just written a detailed guide to setting a up a wordpress blog if it is of any use to anyone - can be downloaded as a .pdf from under the powerpoint here http://igeog.wordpre...logs-and-wikis/

#3 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:57 PM

Haven't had a chance to look through it all yet Rob - but this looks good.  I'll report back when I've read it all!  It looks very comprehensive.

We're setting up an internal blog this year and will give each department a login - the idea is to use this to spread good news and share good practice.

#4 DaveStacey

DaveStacey

Advanced Member

• Active members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:01 AM

Rob,

Basically edublogs provides you with a Wordpress powered blog for those people without the hosting to install wordpress themselves. If you've got hosting, and don't mind playing around with some software then go for Wordpress as you can add whatever themes and plugins you want. If you don't have hosting, or want someone else to take care of the behind the scenes gubbins then go with edublogs.

You can also now install Wordpress Multiuser and have a series of blogs running from your own hosting service (this is basically what edublogs have done!)

View PostRob Cha, on Jul 7 2007, 10:22 PM, said:

A few blog questions!

Can anyone tell me whether there is any benefit using Edublogs over Wordpress - I know that Edublogs is powered by wordpress. I have a number of wordpress blogs - but having just read a post about edublogs decided to set one up - looks just like my wordpress blogs but with edublog in the URL - are there any particular benefits people know of using Edublogs - rather than setting a wordpress account up?

Also - can anyone suggest any good examples of blogs used by teachers to support their students in either ICT or English - I have a few but could do with some more good examples for some training I am running! Any ideas much appreciated.

Rob :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users